Yummy stuff I'm having today

In a desperate attempt to save money till my next paycheck, I've packed my
own breakfast & lunch to work today. I had warm steamed sweet potatoes for
breakfast. I got up this morning & scrubbed them clean & placed them on the
stove to steam while I showered & got ready.

Lunch is going to be "fried rice". I prepared this last night by placing
1/2 C jasmine white rice in the rice cooker with 1 tsp of vegie broth
powder, 1 tsp of light soy sauce, loads of ground black pepper, and a
couple of drops of yellow food colouring. The colouring really made the
rice look delicious when it was cooked.. looks like Nasi Brani (Malay
yellow fried rice)! While the rice was cooking, I cooked a cup of frozen
mixed vegies (peas, corn, carrots, green beans & celery) in the microwave,
drained them and added salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. I sliced some
canned champignons mushrooms and mixed it all up with the rice. Had some of
it last night for supper and it was delicious! I kept the fried rice in a
microwave friendly tub and nuke it till warm this morning. Can't wait till
lunch! If you have access to egg replacers, you can probably scramble some
"eggs" w/ soy sauce and mix them in as well.

Tell us what you are having for lunch at work!

Have a great day!

Karen
Karen Lim
singapore