25 lbs Roma Tomatoes

I would suggest you try the roasted tomato sauce posted by Virginia
Brubaker that many of us enjoyed last year.  I use roma's in it.

I am going to try it with chilies, a little lemon juice and cilantro
instead of the basil when my garden finally ripens up here (usully only a
week or so before the first frost)  I plan to make up lots of it this year
and freeze or can it.

Roasted Tomato Sauce
The Original was Posted to  Fatfree Mailing List by Virginia Brubaker

4 lbs tomatoes
1lb onions
5 large cloves garlic (I use about three times as much)
1 tsp or more salt
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil  (I use 6 and add near the end of the
         cooking time)

Peal the tomatoes bu placing in boiling water for 1 minute. (I do not -
just chop)  Chop everything and place in a large nonstick pan.  Bake at
375 degrees stirring after an hour and after tat each 1/2 hour.  Yield
about 2 1/2 cups (more if you do not peal the tomatoes).  I use the
convection option on my oven and it seems to cook faster.

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Barb.Beck@xxxxxxxxxxx