Gaseousness and Beans

This is my first time posting- Have been lurking reading all the
wonderful suggestions for a month now- Finally I have an opportunity to
share something I find to be helpful when soaking & cooding beans.  I
got the idea from Vegetarian Times Magazine.  When you soak the beans,
include a small onion spiked with whole cloves.  It will help to break
down the sugars, thus relieving a great deal of "effects" from the gas.
It seems to work!

Lisa
Michigan