RE: Cast Iron

Two things I must caution you about with cast iron are:

1.    Don't actually use it to hammer in tent stakes... <vbg>

2.    And,  don't use it on an electric stove unless you heat the burner and
the pan together!

    IT WILL BREAK OR CRACK THE PAN CLEAN THROUGH!

This is the voice of experience talking to you.  I was devastated when I
broke my grandmother's square skillet on our electric range.  I set the cold
pan onto the very hot burner and heard this very loud pinging POP!  When I
came over to check what had happened I saw a 6 to 7 inch crack that ran from
the outer edge into the middle. I could see daylight through that crack!

Hope this helps,
Lynda
                           ..
\|/ iampixilated@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  \|/ \|/ So.CA \|/ _@V