Chard & Fennel

Hello everyone,
     I occasionally treat myself to a mail order box of organic
vegetables.This time the box contained chard and fennel. Do you just cook
the chard as you would cabbage? Has anyone got any ideas for using the
fennel.I don't think I would like it as a straight vegetable as I don't
like anything aniseedy but has anyone got any recipes which could use the
fennel as a flavouring but not overpoweringly so?
Regards
Maralyn