Oatmeal in the rice cooker

I'm learning how to use my rice cooker so tried the following recipe for
breakfast this morning.  We didn't like it and actually threw some of it
away, which is almost unheard of in our household.  However, you might like
oatmeal cooked in apple juice.

Tomorrow I'm going to use the same proportions in the rice cooker but use
water instead of the juice.  I can toss it all in the rice cooker and
ignore it while I ride my stationary bike.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                             Company Oatmeal

Recipe By     : The Versatile Rice Cooker
Categories    : Breakfast                        Fruits
                Grains And Cereals               Rice Cooker

   1 1/3  cups          Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
                        (not quick cooking)
   2      cups          apple juice
     3/4  cup           water
     1/3  cup           raisins
          dash          salt

Spray rice cooker container with nonstick cooking spray.  Add ingredients,
stir and cover rice cooker.  Turn on and cook until rice cooker turns off.
Stir once during cooking.  After rice cooker shuts off steam 10 minutes
before serving.

(Approximately 35 minutes if your cooker uses a timer rather than an
automatic shut off.)

Nutr. Assoc. : 976 0 0 0 0 0

schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx