food in France

In a medical anthropology course I took, we read a book by a journalist (I
completely forgot the title and author) who discussed the cultural
differences in medicine in various western European countries and the US.
The topic of low levels of heart disease in countries like France vs. the
US was brought up, and as always life style was the reason for the
difference.
Anyways, not only do the French eat better than your average SAD eater
here, but they eat smaller portions...as has been said, they regard their
food as an art form to be savored, not just digested.

Elizabeth