cabbage, weight loss, cobblers

Thanks to Kathleen, Ada, Angi, Marilyn, Kristin...and any others yet to
respond to my request for red cabbage recipes.  What a great resource you
all are.

Weight loss:  lots of vegies, some fruit, !whole! grains (the fiber is
filling.  5 pounds a week is too rapid a loss; not healthy.  I think the
standard for safe weight loss is 1 pound/week.  This way your body has a
chance to adjust to your new healthy way of eating (as opposed to
'dieting' which can cause metabolism changes where your body goes into
"starvation" mode and adjusts  to being deprived of food, making it then
even harder to lose weight.).  Perhaps someone else can explain this
more clearly than I seem to be doing today.  The focus should be on
a healthy food plan that you can continue for the rest of your life; the
weight loss will follow.  And slow and steady is better than quick and
erratic.

Now; here's my cobbler invention:  A hefty layer of boysenberries (fresh
picked from the brambles by the fence in my front yard) sprinkled with a
bit of sugar and 1T Minute Tapioca.  Get it bubbly hot in an 8x8 pan in
the oven while you mix jup your favorite cornbread recipe.  Add some
freshly grated lemon or orange rind to the cornbread batter.  Pour the
batter over the hot berries, sprinkle with a few sesame seeds, and bake at
425 for about 30-35 minutes.  Serve with ff plain yogurt.

Barb b