Vegetable Spread

Wow - thanks for the info, Ellen. Guess I'm too trusting of labels. Is it
"acceptable" for the manufacturer to approach the ingredients/ nutrition
labeling like that? Are there other products that contain hidden oils we
should be aware of?

I found it at a regular neighborhood grocery store (I live just outside
Philadelphia) totally by accident. It was with the jars of roasted peppers
and hot peppers - most of which were soaking in oil. The brand I bought is
Marco Polo; imported by Adria Import Inc., Maspeth, NY 11378. Is there any
way to be sure it contains no oil? Maybe I'll try to get in touch with the
company - if so I'll let you know.
jenny