Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #63

I often use my tiny crock-pot to make hot cereals overnight.   My basic
recipe is: 1 part cereal to 3 parts water, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon
, if desired.  Steel-cut oats work best, but rolled (not instant or
quick: they'll work, but they get too smooth.) works okay.  I like the
various 7-grain and 12-grain, etc., cereals, too, though they tend to
turn out a little thin.  So I add a lot of raisins or whatever to the
finished product.   I love waking up to an already cooked hot breakfast!

    I hope this helps.  My crock-pot holds a quart, so I use a cup of
oats to 3 cups of water.