Nutritional Yeast

nutritional yeast can be added to some foods to give them a slightly cheesy

flavor.  there are many vegan recipes which call for it.  it is a yellow
powder that can be bought in bulk at health food stores and is quite cheap.

in addition, it is a great source of vitamin b12.

~erica in nh

Is this the type of yeast that causes candida, or the type of yeast that
would bring on an overgrowth of yeast in the body, such as an yeast
infection?  I try to avoid anything with yeast as I notice a flare  up
of symptoms of yeast overgrowth afterwards.  Can I eat this safely
and not worry that it will cause these symptoms? As I would like to
try this for the B12 content as I am vegetarian.