Ornish diet

I just wanted to add my two cents worth about the "Ornish" diet. I'm a
43 year old father of a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I've been in good
shape for the last 2 years or so. 14 months ago I had quad bypass, did
everything I was told to do and about a year later found out one graft
failed and my disease was still progressing. My doctor told me about the
Ornish program. I read the books, went to a retreat, and have been
following the program very closely. In 8 weeks I've taken my cholesterol
from 208 to 109. I feel better and feel like I have my life back. For
the first time ever I can see myself as a grandfather someday.
	The diet has been great for us. We have more variety than ever before.
We have adapted as needed. Our biggest problem is finding products we
can use out here in east west nowhere. About the fish, I listened to
experts say, when asked, "Can I have fish once a week?",
our research shows the the effectiveness of the program depends on
following it closely. We suggest no fish, but if fish now and then helps
you stay on the program, that is a decision you will have to make.
Remember perseverence not perfection.
	There is a store in LA that makes a vegetarian seafood tasting thing. I
haven't tried but have a friend who swears by it. I live in Texas and
have come up with a "chicken fried steak" that is edible.
APOTP
Riley Couger