question about vegetarianism

How does eating meat ruin the rain forest?
I don't like meat but it was  told to me through a web page I was
looking at. and I was wondering if someone could explain.
Thanks. Oh anyone have a vegetarian lasagna?
Thanks again
Hand
Tina the part time person
"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight,
but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."

                                                              -Henry W. Longfellow