Cranberry bread

Hi all!  Love this list and appreciate all of the advice &
recipes...hope that someone can help me w/the following recipe.  I can
easily replace the egg, but don't know for sure what would be best for
the butter.
Thanks,
Apryl

Latvian Cranberry Bread

2cups            flour--sifted
3/4cups         sugar
3 1/2 tsp       baking powder
1/2 tsp          baking soda
1/2 tsp          salt
1                   egg
2 Tbs            grated orange rind
1/2 cup         orange juice
3 Tbs            melted butter
2 Tbs            hot water
1 1/2 cups    cranberries--halved

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large
bowl.

Beat egg lightly in a small bowl, stir in orange rind and juice, butter
and hot water.  Add to dry ingredients; mix thoroughly.  Fold in
cranberries.  Turn batter into a well-greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.

Bake at 350F for 50minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes
out clean.  Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.

I'll let you know how it turns out.