Re: What is Passata

I have this great vegetarian cookbook by Sarah Brown (many recipes
need to be adapted, but great ideas). She is from England or Scotland, so
some of the foods are common here and just have different names.  One of the
recipes calls for "passata".   Does anyone know what that is?

If I use the term in an Internet search engine, I get references to tomato puree (Italian brands).. bet that's what you're after!

Steve Iman, sciman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx