re:fat replacements

>I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could replace the oil in my
>recipes with applesauce.

I use applesauce in equal proportions when using it as a fat replacement
(ie: 1 cup sauce=1 cup fat).  In savoury recipes I use ff plain yoghurt or
a vegetable baby food like pureed carrots or squash.  I've heard making a
substitute by taking leftover, well-cooked pasta and blending it with water
to make a smooth starchy paste, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sweet recipes get the same yoghurt or applesauce treatment, but mashed
banana, prune "butter", or any "fruity" baby food works well....all
substituted in equal proportions for the oil.

Hope this helps.

Sharon