Oops

(I think I just sent the beginning of this recipe by
accident -- sorry. It's meant as a response to Jeff
Nguyen's request for hot pepper recipes.)

Hot Pepper Relish (from an old Farm Journal cookbook)

Stem, seed and chop 18 red chili peppers and 18 green
chili peppers, and place in a 6-quart kettle. Add 4
lbs. peeled, chopped onions. Sprinkle with 1 TBS
canning/pickling salt and cover with boiling water.
Let stand 10 minutes. Drain, and discard the water.
Add 2.5 cups of cider vinegar (5% acid) and 2.5 cups
of sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Ladle
into 7 hot pint jars, pressing down as you pack so the
liquid covers the vegetables, filling to within a
quarter-inch of the jar top. Wipe jar rims and adjust
lids. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes
(start counting when the water in your canner returns
to boiling). Remove jars and let them cool; store in a
cool dry spot. (Note: if you hand-chop the hot
peppers, you'll be glad you wore rubber gloves...)
Joyce/Portland, OR