Pie Crusts

Hi,

Well lets face it we are not going to duplicate a nice flaky crust make with
loads of l*rd BUT we can create some very nice enjoyable deserts.  The
cookie crusts work for some pies but not all.  Here are some I like with
fruit

Wrapper Pie Crust:

Wrappers from an oriental market work very well.  I can get some very large
ones that cover a pie plate.  Place two or three of these in the bottom of
the pan offset so their corners form a starburst sort of a pattern.  Add
filling, place part of a wrap over the top if you want it completely covered
then fold the points up to make a decorative top.  If they are sticking up
too much moisten them to stick them down.  Cut some holes in the top and
bake.

Cracker Pie Crust:

Crush unsalted or low salted soda crackers, saltine crackers or water
biscuits and moisten with a LITTLE water or applesauce or a little egg white
just enough to get it to stick together enough to mold into a pie plate.
Fill and sprinkle some of the cracker mixture over the top and bake.

Flour Tortilla Pie Crust

For a small pan you can line it with a flour tortilla.  Place strips over
the top or make a crumble topping.  Heating the tortilla in the microwave
for a few minutes before putting it in the pie pan makes it easier to mold
to the pan.

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Barb Beck