Mushroom gravy

I made this tonight - it's a variation on a recipe from Debra Wasserman's
Lowfat Jewish Vegetarian Cookbook.

1/2 cup dry red wine (next time I'll use a whole cup)
1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced (I used criminis, yum)
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 or more cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons flour (I used unbleached all purpose because that's what I
had, but you can use whatever)
1 cup water (if I increase the wine, I'll decrease the water)
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in wine over medium-high heat until onion
is transparent and mushrooms begin to give up their liquid. Add remaining
ingredients and stir constantly over medium heat for about 2 minutes until
gravy thickens.

Very quick and easy, and yummy, too! Great for dressing up an entree that
came out too dry 8-).

Be well, Hadass

--
Hadass Eviatar