Re: FATFREE Digest V01 #169

With summer in full swing I'd love to make some potato or pasta salad but

>am not particularly fond of fat-free mayo.  Does anyone have an
>alternative, or a suggestion for possibly a better tasting mayo?
>Mary Ann

I like to use plain yogurt mixed with low fat (not fat-free) mayo. I'm
not too fond of fat-free mayo, although there is variability between
brands.  Sometimes if its a fruit salad, I'll go with all yogurt. This is
especially tasty mixed with honey for Waldorf salads. For more savory
salads such as potato salads, I'll add some extra vinegar for zip.
Another alternative is fat-free "cream cheese" mixed with yogurt to thin.