Re: FATFREE Digest V01 #82

Here's a lovely recipe for portobello mushrooms. I found it in Dean
Ornish's Everyday Cooking.

Mushroom Stroganoff (4 servings)

Cook in microwave on high for 2 min. each:
	6 fat free Boca Burgers (2.5 oz each)
Chop in cuisinart and set aside:
	1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Mince in Cuisinart:
	1 teaspoon garlic
Add and pulse until chopped:
	1 cup onion
In a large nonstick skillet, combine:
	garlic
	onion
	1 teaspoon soy sauce
	1/4 cup water
Simmer over moderate heat until liquid evaporates and onion is transluscent
about 3-5 min. Add:
	Boca Burger
	2 cups vegetable stock or fat free mushroom broth
	4 cups sliced portobello mushrooms
Simmer gently until mushrooms are cooked, 15-20 min. Stir in and bring to a
simmer:
	2 cups nonfat sour cream
In a small bowl, whisk together:
	2 Tablespoons cold water
	12 Tablespoons cornstarch
Stir cornstarch in well, simmer about 3 min. Stir in:
	1 Tablespoon brandy
	2 Tablespoon chopped parsley
	Grind fresh black parsley
	Salt if needed
Serve on 1 lb. linguine, flavored with butterbuds, salt , garlic powder,
and top with chopped parsley

Here's a simpler version I came up with, with no sour cream. Tastes just as
good:

Portobello Mushrooms and Boca Burgers (2)

Cook in microwave on high for 2 min. each:
	2 fat free Boca Burgers
Simmer until translucent:
	1/4 cup fat free mushroom broth, more as needed
	1 large onion , sliced thinly
Add and continue cooking until thick and syrupy:
	2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
	1 teaspoon butterbuds
	1/4 teaspoon smoked hickory flavored salt
	grind black pepper
	1 Tablespoon brandy
Serve on top of rice, garnish with chopped parsley