chick-not

For Robin who asked about something chickeny:  If you have access to an
Asian food store, you can get dried tofu.  It comes in thin sheets and also
in thin sheets which have been rolled and pressed into long 15" sticks which
come in bags of 12+ pieces.  I use the sticks a lot in chicken type soups.
They're easy, just break the crackly sticks into smaller bits and drop into
hot liquid.  They don't reqire much cooking and can be just soaked in
boiling water or broth and used in many ways. Fun to experiment with.

I do use dixie diner chicken-not also.  Very good in chicken salad and hot
dishes, especially if prepared with the dixie broth mix..

Kate