mcdougall mwl

> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:36:37 -0600
> From: "Ross, Lynne" <Lynne.Ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> In the same vein as Prinikin weight loss, McDougal says the most hasty,
> rapid weight loss occurs when 1/4 to 1/3 of your daily calories come from
> grain and/or starch and the rest of your diet be made up of the lower
> calorie veggies that are sooooooo available ( peppers, zucchini,
> mushrooms,
> celery, and the other billion delicious yellow, red, and green friends !
> This may not be everyone's ideal breakfast, but it sure is mine !!
> I buy two large acorn squash at the beginning of every week. I
> microwave the
> squash and then scoop out the soft flesh and mash it all into a plastic
> container and refrigerate as it is then ready to use by the cup
> as I desire.

Your recipe looks delish.

My question is this:

What do you use as the non-starchy veggie to balance the other half to
three-quarters of your breakfast? I tried mwl, but I'm too much of a starchy
veggie freak. I LOVE winter squash, corn, etc, and I had a hard time finding
a veggie I could stomach at breakfast.

And before you think I'm being a typical American who only likes sweets at
breakfast, I prefer traditional breakfast food for dinner. =-)

Thanks,

Patti