new york

my family and i are going to new york soon and i can't wait to try the
hundreds of retaurants they have there- unfortuantly the word hundreds is
the problem. we need somewhere nice and slightly formal to go to dinner one
night and i'd like to take them to a restaurant that will have both
vegetarian and regular food or very good vegetarian food that they can
appreciate. if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
Catherine