Eggplant Caviar

For Jenka:
I've not tried this (eggplant is not a favorite of mine) but this sounds
similar to what you had. I'm giving you the recipe as it is in the book so
you can adapt it as you wish. (I would omit the oil - and maybe the
yogurt). The recipe is from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes by Sue Spitler.

EGGPLANT CAVIAR     6 Servings

1 large eggplant (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fat-free yogurt
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1-2 Tbs. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
2 ripe olives, sliced (for garnish)
Lavosh, or pita bread wedges, as dippers

1. Pierce eggplant in several places with fork; place in baking pan. Bake
at 350F until eggplant is soft, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool.
2. Cut eggplant in half; scoop out pulp with spoon. Mix eggplant, tomato,
onion, garlic, yogurt, olive oil, and oregano in bowl; season to taste with
lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours for flavors to
blend.
3. Spoon eggplant into bowl; garnish with olives. Serve with lavosh or pita
wedges (not included in nutritional data).

Per Sv: (generous 2 Tbs.) 59 cal; 2.1g fat; 19.1mg sod; 1.8g prot; 10.1g
carb;

Hope this is a help.
Patty in AZ