Not losing weight as a vegetarian

I can relate to the recent posting about not losing weight on a vegetarian
diet.  I made the switch about 7 months ago to an ovo-lacto vegetarian diet,
pretty much as a result of reading materials by Dr. Dean Ornish.  Although I
do feel better, the weight is coming off waaaaaay too slow for my taste.  I
was hoping to lose 5 lb. per week when I started this way of eating.  I guess
I must have been delusional at the time because I have managed to lose only
14 lb. to date.  It can be very depressing especially when one has a lot of
weight to lose.  I appreciate the information in the posted response about
making a change to more protein in the vegetarian diet as opposed to loading
up on carbs.  I do eat eggs however and have been using strictly the non-fat
soy cheese called Veggie Slices.  It can be very disheartening when you think
you are doing everything the right way and yet the extra lb. continue to
'stick by me.'  Any additional suggestions to expedite the weight loss would
be appreciated.