Re: fake deviled egg stuffing

At 08:31 AM 3/30/99 -0800, Nancy wrote:
...with easter just
>down the road, we know that we would like to substitute the traditional
>hard boiled egg stuffing with something close to it in taste and
>texture, but NO yolks.

These recipes were posted to earlier this year.  I haven't tried them:

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Deviled Eggs

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Appetizers And Snacks            Beans And Legumes

   8      whole         eggs
  15      ounces        canned chickpeas
     1/4  cup           finely chopped parsley
   4      teaspoons     whole grain mustard
     1/2  teaspoon      grated lemon zest
     1/2  teaspoon      minced garlic
     1/8  teaspoon      black pepper
   1      tablespoon    minced red onion
   1      tablespoon    minced capers

Hardboil eggs normally at a simmer and cook about 12 minutes.  Drain and
cool in cold water.  Peel the eggs and then cut in half lengthwise.  Remove
the yolks and discard.  (Our dogs love it when we have this recipe because
they get the yolks).

Drain garbanzo beans, reserving 1/3 c liquid.  In a food processor or
blender, puree beans, parsley, mustard, lemon zest, garlic and pepper until
smooth.  Transfer to a bowl and stir in red onion and capers.  Taste and
adjust seasoning.  Fill egg halves with about a tablespoon of filling and
sprinkle with paprika.

Sometimes I add celery seed and often I substitute minced green onions for
the red onion.  Frequently I used fresh herbs such as lemon thyme or a
little cilantro to replace part of the parsley.  Another nice change is to
add green peppercorn dijon mustard in place of the plain mustard.  My
husband like it when I add a little horseradish, but many people don't like
that flavor.

Posted to fatfree digest V99# 070 by "Marilyn Bruning"
<greywolf@xxxxxxxxxx> on Mar 13, 1999, converted by MC_Buster.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              Deviled Eggs2

Recipe By     : "Life Tastes Better Than Steak" Cookbook.
Categories    : Appetizers And Snacks            Beans And Legumes

  16      ounces        canned garbanzo beans
     1/4  cup           plain yogert -- (non-fat)
   1      tablespoon    Dijon Mustard
   1      tablespoon    lemon juice
   1      clove         finely chopped garlic
                        salt and pepper to taste
  12                    egg whites -- halved

Blend, beat, mash or chop beans.  Add yogert, mustard, lemon juice, salt,
pepper and garlic.  Mix well an fill egg whites.  Chill well and enjoy.

Option: Garnish with hot sauce just before eating.

Posted to fatfree digest V99# 070 by Cathy M Hayward
<cathyhayward@xxxxxxxx> on Mar 13, 1999, converted by MC_Buster.

schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx