amazing cornbread

To Gloriamarie who was looking for cornbread with creamed corn and
applesauce a couple months ago. I'm just getting to back digests. I've been
making this recipe ever since I found it in the FF archives and just love
it. It sounds like what you are looking for. I checked the archives and the
recipe doesn't seem to be there now but I definitely got it there a couple
years ago.    Carla

Amazing Cornbread

1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1-3 Tbsp sugar (to taste)
1/2 tsp salt
1 apple made into applesauce or 1/3 cup prepared applesauce
3/4 cup soy milk
2 egg whites equivalent
1  15oz can creamed corn

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pam spray an 8" X 8" pan or iron skillet
and put into oven to preheat pan. Mix all ingredients, pour batter into
heated pan and bake for 20 minutes. Freezes well if it lasts that long.
Refrigerate leftovers and serve cold or it also improves when reheated for
about 15 minutes at 350.