ADMIN: mailing list update

Hi folks,

Your FATFREE list admin here.  Sorry to have been AWOL so long.
Typical silicon valley foibles, layoffs, job searches, etc.  Never
mind.

quinoa, the machine that is dedicated to running the mailing list is
showing its age.  It's been a champ, churning out FATFREE 24/7 for
several years now.  It still runs great, it's just that it runs an old
OS that hasn't been updated and I need to get spam software on it and
that would be much easier with newer OS and stuff.  Basically: spam
filled up the disks, and everything ground to a halt, and I'd been
busy and hadn't realized nor had time to tend.

But, I have a new machine that I will build and migrate FATFREE to.
I'm also going to see if I can upgrade the mailing list software and
put a web interface on it so people can unsubscribe easier.  I'm going
to try switching from exim and smartlist to postfix and Mailman.
Biggest hurdle: the web and mail machines are different machines, yet
would both need access to the subscriber list.  Hmmm.

I'll try to find time to fix what I can -- forward old posts,
especially recipes, that didn't make it.  Let folks know why their
posts didn't make it if they were in wrong form (wrong address,
included html or attachments).  See if I can get the web archives
going again, etc.

FYI: for fast assistance from me on getting off the list, please email
me at artemis@xxxxxxxxx and I will give you priority attention.

--
Michelle Dick